Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Small Burgers Big Taste

This restaurant took me a long time to find, mostly because the map is wrong. The map shows Sliders Gourmet right off the freeway near Thanksgiving Point. Not true. There's a JCW's, Dell Taco, and Iceberg in that area but no Sliders Gourmet. I followed Highway 92 for several miles past Cabellas and next to the Smiths way up there and finally found it. It's about time.

I was a little disappointed at the size. I know they're sliders and they're supposed to be small, but these were smaller than the pictures depicted. That could just be because they were compacted, but still. Small. Tiny. For the fries I was expecting small fries but these were pretty big and a lot of them as well. The fries are definitely worth the cost.

About the sliders. I ordered the two slider combo and ordered two different kinds of sliders. Slider #1 had grilled onions, Havarti cheese, a tomato slice, slider sauce, two patties, and bun. The second one had a pickle, no cheese (cheese costs $0.25 extra), and only a small amount of slider sauce. I thought the meat had a great taste, I really liked the slider sauce, and the spongy bun really added to the texture of the slider. Those were the three things I liked the most about the burger. The cheese, though, was forgettable; I'm not going to get it next time. I really didn't notice it on the burger and it costs twenty-five cents for just a little square. Not worth it.

I really liked their dining area as well. They have three different TVs to watch while eating and their soda machine offers a good selection (which is important; not everyone does). Next time I'm in the area I'll definitely need to remember this place.

Sliders Gourmet on Urbanspoon