Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Good Carrot Cake, Average Food

My buddies at work decided it was time to give it a try. We're always ones to look for places with cheese steaks and this place offers one. Because my coworker ordered the cheese steak (his review is here), I decided to go with a half-and-half and ordered a Turkey Club and BBQ Chicken salad (you can locate their menu here). I really liked the crispness of the bacon. I like variety of tastes and textures and the crispy bacon was a nice addition to the sandwich. I also liked the guacamole. However, although this was a turkey sandwich I didn't taste as much turkey as I was expecting; for that reason alone I was disappointed with this sandwich. I don't expect to taste only turkey; I want it to blend. This turkey was almost unnoticeable.

The salad, on the other hand, offered a lot. The chicken was nice and tender; I would order the salad again just for the chicken. But that's not all the salad offers -- the juxtaposition of the sweet barbecue sauce with the bite from the honey mustard really adds to an otherwise ordinary salad. Combine it with a tender chicken and you have a tasty salad. The next time I order a half and half I will remember this salad.

And, of course, you can't forget the carrot cake. This three layer cake really gives a great value for the buck. I always like a good carrot cake and this is a good cake. I definitely have a sweet tooth and the cream cheese frosting really satisfied that craving for today. I had to eat this bad boy quickly in order to keep the other people at my table from devouring it. Definitely worth the cash.

Next time I will get the Philly steak. For what they offers, Magleby's is definitely competitively priced and a good place to eat.

Magleby's Fresh on Urbanspoon