Friday, January 28, 2011

Omaha's Taste of Old Chicago

Review
The fam decided once again it was time to hit the street in search of another good place to eat.  After our great experience with the Reuben, our expectations were high as we searched out our next place.  And we weren't disappointed.  In Old Market fashion, the red brick greeted us and welcomed us inside.  Looking over the menu, I decided to branch out a little bit and try something I never, ever get in a pizza place -- nachos.  Shortly after ordering the appetizer and a Chicago Seven pizza, out came the nachos.  I didn't enjoy the chips as much as I did the rest of the appetizer mainly because I'm not one for greasy chips.  I prefer a dry chip, but they were crisp and came out with a generous amount of meat and toppings.  I would order these again; they aren't my favorite but they are very good.


Right after the fam ate up the nachos, out came the pizza.  This particular pizza has my favorite toppings -- lots.  I always go for the one with the most mostly because I like different tastes, textures, and smells on my pizza.  This particular pizza features Italian sausage, pepperoni, fresh mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, red onions and Mozzarella cheese.  I knew it was going to be good when I saw very little cheese and mostly toppings.  Indeed it was good.


Overall I came away pleased with Old Chicago.  I thought the service was all right.  Although the times I saw the waiter were far and in between especially for a small lunch crowd, at least my drink was always filled.  Plus the food was good and the nachos were a good find.  The next time we're in the Old Market and craving pizza, we'll need to drop by Old Chicago for their nachos and deep dish.




Cost and Big John Rating
$25.98 = Deep dish Chicago 7 pizza and Italian Nachos (without tax)
Ambiance = 8
Service = 7
Taste = 8
Quality = 8
Price Rating = 6.5
Big John Rating = 7.3


URLs
Old Chicago
Menu
Old Market Location

Old Chicago on Urbanspoon